Sunday, March 25, 2007

How Do You Guys Exercise?

To answer the question posed by the title of this post, I'll say bizarrely, or never.
As one of the Dresden Dolls pointed out, the irony of becoming a successful artist is that you live a lifestyle antithetic to art. Or, in our case, to exercise.

Thanks to touring, I’ve observed new and undesireable things happening to my body. Some of them are painful, some audible. I’m not as fat as many Americans, but neither are pigs or whales.

I exaggerate, and to show you how absurd it is to even have the words “fat,” “my,” and “body” in one post, I have attached a photo of myself looking fit after our first year of touring. But it’s my obsessive attention to detail that makes me an ideal candidate to pick apart society with the tweezers and needle of comedy. In fact, our material has been described as “blistering” by at least one journalist we’re friends with.

I suppose using Outlook on long drives just doesn’t keep me as toned as I used to be. Guess the OUTLOOK on my HEALTH doesn’t look so good! Actually, it’s really sad.

2 comments:

pc said...

your old skit about 1 in 4 americans being obese is ringing a bit true these days, is it?

i am going to buy you guys one of these. i've been meaning to do it for a year or so, but i never knew you were so body-conscious before. now that i know it's a problem i will do everything i can to help.

Aaron Kagan said...

Yes, please. Our gas mileage is getting worse and worse.