Saturday, April 7, 2007

Freedom Bread

A hearty “hag sameach” to my fellow descendants of escaped Hebrew slaves celebrating Passover this week.

I celebrated Passover this year by making matzoh. I figured it couldn’t be that hard, and certainly shouldn’t take too long. And not to brag, but it was practically shmurah.

I also spent some q.t. with my cousins and long time LNP hosts, the Steinbergs. We usually show up at their place well after our gigs in the city, eat their hummus, and take off again in the morning. This time I was able to hang out and catch up at their cozy home in Westchester county; possibly the nicest place in the world if you don’t think about all that other stuff.

Nina’s macaroons were breathtaking, and the homemade chopped liver was to die for. Eventually... The twins just played Carnegie Hall, Zack got signed to URI for baseball, and Adam already produced an international hit; apparently “Chicka Chad” is huge in Italy.

So sorry, Nazi’s. We’re only eating the bread of affliction because we want to. And we dip it in chocolate.

No comments: